Friday, March 28, 2014

Roomarama



VS




I have had much fun with AirBnb.  I love sporadically renting out my room on a nightly basis.  We meet people from all over the world of all types and ages. AirBnb runs a stellar business.  When you list your room they send a photographer to take quality pictures.  Much better than I ever could.  I my case they sent a female who was courteous and her fabulous pictures showed our interior and exterior living spaces off.

Recently on an e-mail from Smarter Living Travel I noticed there was a new competitor to AirBnb.  Roomarama.  Sounded great and not as many properties here in Newport Beach.  After my experience with AirBnb I was up for this one.

These people are not in the same ballgame with AirBnb.  They don't send photographers and refuse to list my site unless I have pictures from all over my house.  I don't have lots of pictures, I don't have the time to try and take them and I don't have the camera to bring life to my living quarters.

Most distressing of all however was the fact that I had to send my ID and some type of bill via the internet to them to 'verify' who I am.  ID theft is a terrible thing.  I shred everything with my name and address on it and then some!  I cringe at the thought of scanning my id and sending it on the internet.  Nope - not happening!!

I sent some e-mails (along with a link to this blog) to Roomarama suggesting that they could verify through my AirBnb listing, Facebook, e-mail and even my website.  I also suggested they hire professional photographers if they are going to try and compete with AirBnb.

Maybe that is why there are so few local listings for Roomarama.



No comments:

Post a Comment